Benefits of Online Time Reporting Software
Detailed & Actionable Reports
Get detailed insights on time, productivity and activities of employees
Easily Generate Invoices
Get billable hours calculated and generate single click invoices for clients
Calculate Costs & Profitability
Track project costs & profitability with insightful detailed reports
Time is Money
Get The Most Of Your Employees’ Time With Workstatus Time Reporting App
Workstatus™ simplifies workforce management by providing you with accurate, up-to-the-minute time tracking reports of your teams.
Easy Time Reports
View different aspects of your team’s productivity in a single report. Check their work hours, clock-in and out timings and time-offs, all with just a few clicks.
Customise your reports with multiple filters for an in-depth analysis. Share these reports quickly across teams, so that everyone stays on top of what your employees are doing.
Manual Edits With Notes
Manual edits can resolve errors your team may have done while punching in or out. Your teams can edit hours worked, projects and tasks and add notes for everyone’s understanding. But these changes will go live only when you approve.
Ask your queries from expertsBook A Demo Get all your queries answered from our experts
on a secure online meeting
Streamline Workforce Management With Accurate Employee Data
With Workstatus’ real-time reporting, you can keep track of your employees’ working hours, shift timings and much more, all through a unified dashboard. With complete visibility into all aspects of your workforce, managing them becomes a breeze.
Monitor your team members from the time they clock in. Analyse reports to see how they spend their time on any given day, week, or month.
Track time-off balance, used requests and approve consciously. Customise your time-off policies in the dashboard and notify employees automatically.
Sign up for a demo now and see how
Workstatus™ can benefit you!
Keep It Simple
Easy Access To Information For A Transparent Work Culture
Workstatus’ time reporting app makes information available to everyone, whenever they need it. This ensures transparency in operations and avoids potential conflicts between the employer and the employee.
Proof Of Work
Workstatus’s time reports let you assess how productive or punctual an employee really is. This information can be used to identify the top-performers who deserve recognition and slackers who require supervision.
Online time reports can precisely track work hours and the same can be used to calculate an individual’s compensation, billable hours, project cost, all with a few clicks.
Want To Know How Timesheet Reporting Software Works!Book A Demo Get all your queries answered from our experts
on a secure online meeting
Analyse Past Reports for Better Future Planning
With Workstatus, you can dig deep into reports on employee productivity, time management, time-offs, etc and leverage the same to optimise workforce planning.
See past trends on the timings employees typically clock in and out, or the days they are the most productive to inform future shift schedules.
Study data on how much time a task or activity typically takes and use this analysis while planning upcoming projects.
Start Using Workstatus™ Right Away! It’s WorthBook A Demo Get all your queries answered from our experts
on a secure online meeting
Easy Time Management With User-friendly Time Reporting App
Custom Online Time Reports
Get robust real-time reports related to your workforce for accurate information on their working status.
Stay up-to-date with what your employees are doing every minute of the day with real-time tracking.
Employers are instantly notified when their employees do not show up at work or are on time-off.
View online time-off reports to track time-off balance and customise time-off policies at the workplace.
Analyse past reports on employee productivity and performance to better workforce planning.
This Couldn’t Be Easier
Use Workstatus™ Online Time Reporting Software Effortlessly
Have Your Team Install Workstatus™
All employees can download and install the Workstatus app on their desktops/laptops (Windows, Mac, Linux) and/or mobile phones (Android/iOS) as per their requirements.
Click and start the timer to track and monitor employees. Workstatus is a fully automated solution that accurately monitors your time, tasks and activities.
Generate In-Depth Time Reports
View reports on Workstatus dashboard to check employee attendance, work hours and a lot more. Managers and supervisors can use this information to optimise workforce planning.
Workstatus™ Is A Lot More Than An Timesheet Reporting Software
Workstatus offers you much more than online time reporting. An all-in-one app, Workstatus lets you not only track employees in real-time and monitor their activity but also provides you with valuable insights on productivity and time management. Workstatus’ broad range of features help you build a more efficient workplace:
Own Your Data
Get & Use Employee Data As You Need
Login Based Data Access
Login as an employee or manager and start populating reports in your respective dashboards.
Access APIs and integrate Workstatus data with any other tool/software your team is using for a unified user interface.
Raw Data Access
Leverage raw data to generate customised reports related to your team’s scheduled shifts, availability, time-offs and a lot more.
Why Should You Use Workstatus™ Online Time Reporting Software?
With Workstatus, you can keep a track of every move of your team members. When people know they are being monitored, they will spend less time slacking off and more time on activities that actually deliver results. This boosts the overall productivity of the organisation.
Better Employee-Employer Relation
Workstatus’ time reporting app makes all the information available to everyone in your business, as a result of which there are no areas where conflict is likely to arise between the manager and their teams. With Workstatus, payroll-related hassles are a thing of the past.
Effortless Performance Evaluation
Managers can use time reports to check if their employees use their work hours productively, adhere to their shift timings and deliver work before a pre-defined deadline. This way, they can assess how well an individual has performed during a certain month/quarter/year.
Have Queries? We Have Answers
- 1. What are detailed reports?
- 2. Why do you need a detailed time report in an organisation?
- 3. How much does reliable attendance management software cost my business?
- 4. Why is real-time online time reporting so important?
- 5. What all data-points do managers get from Workstatus™ reports?
- 6. How can Workstatus™ detailed time reporting software help my business?
- 7. What are advantages and disadvantages of time reporting software?
1. What are detailed reports?
Detailed time reports are a way to track the amount of time you spend on various tasks throughout the day. They can be helpful for identifying where you may be able to save time or make changes to your routine in order to optimise your productivity.
There are a number of different software tools that can help you create detailed time reports and many of them are free or have free versions. One popular option is Workstatus. Each tool works a little bit differently, but they all track the amount of time you spend on various tasks and then generate reports that show how much time you spent on each task over a given period of time.
Some of these software tools work by tracking your activity using a special timer that runs in the background while you work. Others require you to manually start and stop timers whenever you begin or end work on particular activities. The one software we would recommend is Workstatus.
Unlike traditional time reporting apps that are confined to just entering the working hours, Workstatus enables your employees to track time spent on any activity related to work. Workstatus makes the entire productivity workflow simple and efficient for both the employer as well as employees. It empowers your workforce with intelligent ways to track and monitor work time and progress. Along with real-time reporting, you will enjoy the following benefits of Workstatus-
- Get filtered reports
- Instant Notifications
- Manage timesheets online
- Easy invoice conversion
2. Why do you need a detailed time report in an organisation?
First and foremost, you need detailed time reports to see whether your employees are working as expected and if not, why. The goal of this is mainly for managers to be able to spend their resources adequately. Each employee should be assigned the right amount of tasks, depending on his/her knowledge and capability. In a perfect world, every task will require just as much time as needed by an employee, but that's rarely the case since each worker has different skills and expertise.
In order to determine how much work should be allocated between employees from various departments, it is often useful to have a detailed breakdown of everyone's daily activity level. This will show how many hours were spent on doing certain types of work and over time this will lead to a better understanding of how the employees divide their own labour between different tasks.
This method also allows you to identify each employee's strengths and weaknesses in order to assign them the right training (if necessary). If an employee is allocated mainly administrative tasks, he/she can be trained in software development so that when another worker leaves, your company hires only one person for two rather than two for two.
For example, there is a marketing team and an IT team in your organisation. The marketing team's work contains mostly public relations activities while the IT department’s work consists of programming and maintaining servers. There are several reasons why these teams should collaborate: both require knowledge about customers' needs and problems in order to design a product or a service. With proper communication, the marketing team can gather real-time information from the customers while the IT team analyzes this data and formulates insights which will contribute to work efficiency.
In order for these two teams to collaborate effectively, they must share detailed time reports across departments on a regular basis. This way both managers of each department can get a deeper understanding of current problems and possible new business opportunities.
Additionally, if an employee is performing at his/her highest capacity it's easier for him/her to find solutions when faced with problems since he/she will know exactly what tasks he/she can leave out in order to solve unforeseen issues without delaying things too much. Finally, it is easy to notice when an employee is overloaded. Time reports will show whether or not this is the case, enabling you to take the necessary steps (i.e. hire new people) to fix it before it's too late.
3. What type of reports can be created in Workstatus™?
- Time and activity reports: The Time & Activity Report can be used to see how much time individual team members worked on specific tasks or projects over a period of time-a week or a month. This report shows how much time each person spent on all tasks assigned to them in the selected date range. The Time & Activity Report also records the amount of billable vs non-billable work that occurred during the date range. You can even determine which projects are generating the most revenue.
- Weekly reports: The Weekly Report shows how many hours your team logged working on projects and the total pay earned for the week. This is a good report to use if you need to know how much of a head-start you have on a new project, or the hourly rate of the team members involved in a project over a period of time. You can quickly determine which employees are generating revenue for your company and re-evaluate their performance from one week to another.
- Job Site Reports: A job site report by Workstatus tracks when and where your workers were at any given time. You can see when they entered and left a job site, in addition to their total days on the clock.
4. Why is real-time online time reporting so important?
Real-time online time reporting is important because it gives employers a way to track how much time their employees are spending on the job. This information can be used to improve workflows and make sure that employees are using their time efficiently.
It can also help employers identify areas where they may need to make changes in order to improve employee productivity. For example, if an employer sees that a certain employee is spending a lot of time on social media websites, they may decide to restrict access to those websites during work hours.
Employees should also appreciate the importance of real-time online time reporting, as it can help them stay accountable for their work hours. By knowing how much time they're spending on each task, employees can make sure they're focusing on the right projects at the right times. This can help them become more productive and make a greater impact with their work.
Real-time online time tracking solutions also provide employees with a simple way to monitor how much time they spend on each project, which can make it easier for them to set deadlines for a project.
In addition, real-time online time reporting provides managers with a complete picture of how their team members are allocating their time throughout the day, enabling them to give employees feedback that helps improve efficiency.
5. What all data-points do managers get from Workstatus™ reports?
Some data-points that managers can get from Workstatus reports include:
- Employee hours worked
- Total hours worked per day/week/month
- Overtime hours worked
- Paid time off Hours taken
- Break and lunch times taken
- Employee hours worked: The number of hours a person has worked in a given work week. This allows managers to keep track of employees and ensures that they are getting the hours they're being paid for.
By analysing the data on employee hours worked, managers can determine whether or not an employee is regularly staying beyond their allotted working hours - which could indicate that additional support is required. For example, if an employee only works 8 hour days but regularly logs 12-hour days, there may be too much work assigned to this individual or it may be necessary to hire another worker.
- Total Hours Worked: The total number of hours a person has worked over a given period of time (such as one month). By comparing these numbers with the corresponding pay scale, managers can easily determine whether an employee is being paid correctly.
- Overtime Hours: Any hours worked outside a regular work day. For example, if a person starts work at 9 am and doesn't leave until 6 pm but continues to work after that time for another hour - they have worked 1 hour of overtime.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): The total number of hours accrued in PTO by employees within a given period of time. This allows managers to keep track of how much time off has been taken by their team - which may be useful in scheduling additional help during the busiest times or when full coverage is not possible with existing staff.
- Break Times: Data on break times taken by a person during a given week. This information can be helpful to managers when it comes to scheduling shifts and managing workloads.
6. How can Workstatus™ detailed time reporting software help my business?
- Workstatus detailed time reporting software can help your business in several ways:
Workstatus can help you to track how much time your employees are spending on specific tasks.
It can be difficult for business owners to know exactly how much time their employees are spending on tasks. This is because, even if you ask your employees to record the amount of time that they spend on specific tasks, they will often forget or overlook doing so. This means that it's just not possible for employers to completely keep track of how much time their employees are spending on certain activities.
However, detailed time reporting software Workstatus can help employers in this regard. By using Workstatus, you can see exactly how long each employee has spent working on each task during a given period of time.
For example, say an employee spends 30 minutes on break and 30 minutes making revisions to a website copy during one particular day. You can then use Workstatus to create a report that reflects this. This tool also allows you to track the percentage of working time your staff spends on specific tasks, which can be helpful.
- Workstatus detailed time reporting software can help you to identify patterns in how your team works.
Even if you are regularly asking your employees to record their individual task times, it's still not easy for managers to understand exactly what is going on with their business processes.These processes are often too complicated, making it difficult for managers to make sense of them.
However, Workstatus can help with this issue as well by allowing employers to monitor process activities over time. For example, say an employee is spending significant amounts of money each month on tasks that aren't bringing in any revenue. You can use Workstatus to identify this, allowing you to adjust your resource allocation accordingly.
- Workstatus can also be used as a tool for billing and invoicing clients.
If your business is generating significant amounts of data through the activities of client work, then it's likely that you'll want some kind of system that allows you to process these details more effectively. This information will come in many different forms, including but not limited to email communications, phone calls ,and meetings . Using Workstatus can allow you to create a central hub for all of this data in one place, which will make the whole process easier and more efficient.
7. What are advantages and disadvantages of time reporting software?
The advantages of time reporting software are as follows:
- Time reporting software provides standardised data for usage in reports. Time reporting software is advantageous because it presents clear, concise data that can be easily utilised to determine standard operating procedure, budgetary expectations and project completion times.
This information all helps managers to work towards the organisation's goals by providing plans of action with regard to how much time should be spent on particular tasks or projects so as not to waste resources. It also gives employees an idea of what is expected of them on both a day-to-day basis and long-term, which assists them in prioritising work throughout the day.
- Employees can use their time to prioritise projects rather than time spent. Another advantage of time reporting software is that it allows employees to focus their efforts on prioritising projects rather than having to keep track of how much time is spent on each one. This type of software therefore allows employees to be more efficient with their work hours because they can easily determine what needs to be done first without constantly looking at the clock or tracking how many hours they spend working on any particular task.
- Managers do not have to go through an extensive process of gathering or approving timesheets . Managers are able to save a great deal of time because there is no need for them to collect timesheets. There tends to be less errors in the data entry if managers do not directly oversee the process of filling out timesheets.
- Time reporting software is advantageous because it is typically user-friendly and easy to install and use. For example, many programs are designed in a way that allows employees, or even managers if applicable, to easily clock in and out when they begin their shifts as well as when they are finished.
They can also track task details throughout the day by updating statuses on certain projects so team members are aware of where work stands without continually needing input from one another. Finally, managers and employees alike can receive reports at the end of each week or specific time period detailing where their time has been spent.
- Time reporting software helps provide accurate budgetary data to upper management as well as other individuals involved in funding projects, such as investors or clients. This data assists those who might not be familiar with the process because it breaks down tasks into smaller pieces and allows them to see exactly what is being done and how much it should cost to complete each task along the way.
However, time reporting software can have certain disadvantages too:
- The software may lack information about project milestones, potentially leading to errors on the back end. This might not seem like a big deal, but when upper level managers are looking at the data that has been reported in order to determine how much money should be invested into certain tasks or projects, they need to have an adequate understanding of how far along each task is before drawing conclusions about investment amounts.
This also applies to clients who might need accurate information regarding what is being done in order to make sure their expectations are within reason. It can therefore be somewhat difficult for managers or other stakeholders outside of the day-to-day work environment to comprehend the process if they are receiving data strictly from time reporting software rather than having more detailed information.
- If the software is not adapted to suit each employee's workflow, there may be errors when it comes to reporting accurate data. If this step fails, then inaccurate data will likely result and managers will have no way of knowing if anything reported has any validity at all.
- Another possible drawback is that managers can potentially make numerous errors while inputting timesheet data into the system because they are only human, after all. Additionally, even when managers are inputting the data directly into the system themselves, they might not have the most current updates on certain milestones within a project because of their own absence from the process for whatever reason. This can lead to inaccurate reports being distributed to upper level management or other stakeholders involved in funding projects.
If you want to see how exactly Workstatus™ can cater to the needs of your business or industry, ask for a free demo.
Don’t take our word for it-Hear what Workstatus™ users have to say
“ Workstatus employee time tracking tool tells us the moments our people are being productive and uses that data to help us create productive schedules, deadlines and tasks. With this simple to use tool, we are able to make our employees more productive while saving time we used to spend earlier. ”
“ We have further noticed that as a byproduct, our employees are also motivated to work harder and smarter by taking control of their time by having this app on their devices. ”
“ Came Across Workstatus during the pandemic and since then we’re on it together. Workstatus is working like my personal assistant to manage team and time. It is great to have it around. ”
“ I was exhausted after working full days. I used to spend my entire day running around like crazy trying to finish everything. But things have changed since I made a shift to Workstatus time tracker. Coming home after work with time to spend with family is great. And picture not dreading the next day at work because I am less stressed and don't feel like there's too much on my plate. ”
Get Answers For
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a time report software do?
A time report software allows you to track the amount of time you spend on various tasks throughout the day. This can be helpful for generating invoices or for providing an estimate of how much time a project will take.
There are a number of different time report software options available and most offer a free trial so that you can try them out before deciding which one is best for you. One such popular option is Workstatus.
Give Workstatus a try today and see how easy it is to manage your workforce!
What makes Workstatus™ the best detailed timesheet reporting app?
Workstatus is the best detailed timesheet reporting app because it offers several features that help businesses track employee time and attendance. For example, Workstatus allows users to create custom reports based on the data they need, filter data to see specific information and export data into a variety of formats for further analysis. In addition, the app can be used on both Android and iOS devices, making it accessible from anywhere.
Workstatus also offers a variety of other features that make it an ideal choice for businesses looking for an effective way to track employee time and attendance. For example, the app includes GPS tracking capabilities so businesses can see where employees are working, as well as notifications for when employees arrive or leave work. This helps businesses ensure they have complete visibility over their employees’ working activities.
Can you easily create consolidated reports using Workstatus™?
Workstatus makes it easy to create consolidated reports. With a few clicks, you can have a report of all the hours worked by your team over the last week, month, or quarter. You can also track time spent on specific projects and see how much progress has been made.
Workstatus also makes it easy to bill clients for the time you've worked. Simply enter the hours worked and rate per hour and Workstatus will generate an invoice for you. You can even set up recurring invoices so that you always have the latest information ready to send to your clients.
Can we make any changes in timesheets that are already approved to reflect changes in reports?
Yes, changes can be made to reflect changes in reports, but it's important to document the changes in case there are questions later.
How do I delete or edit a time report?
To delete a time report, select the report and click delete. To edit a time report, select the report and make the changes you want. Changes will be saved automatically.
What are the benefits of timesheet reporting?
Timesheet reporting can provide a number of benefits for businesses, including:
1. Tracking employee time and attendance- By tracking employee time and attendance, businesses can ensure that their employees are accurately recording the time they worked. This can help to prevent inaccurate invoicing and missed billable hours.
2. Determining employee productivity- By tracking the amount of time employees spend on various tasks, businesses can determine which tasks are taking the most time and identify areas where employees could be more productive.
3. Billing clients correctly- By tracking the amount of time spent on each task, businesses can invoice their clients correctly for the services they provide. This can help to avoid misunderstandings down the line.
How long does a time reporting software like Workstatus™ take in generating detailed reports?
Time reporting software such as Workstatus can generate detailed reports in real-time, so you can get an immediate overview of how your team is performing.