Benefits of Employee Monitoring Software
Higher Efficiency & Productivity
Managers have reported higher productivity after using Workstatus. As a matter of fact, monitored employees are more productive.
Create Culture of Transparent Working
Track employee activities, urls & apps visited and time spent on tasks, thus establishing a transparency in day to day work.
Get Proof of Work
Get a proof of work in the form of active screen captures without disrupting the employee activities, to be produced for billable hours.
All-in-one Employee Monitoring Tool For Enhanced Productivity
Get a holistic view of your staff’s daily activities, timesheets and productivity patterns allowing
managers to help employees improve their performance.
Timer based auto-tracking of employees’ working hours, time spent on various tasks and capturing productivity %, thus keeping a record for view, analysis and taking necessary measures.
Website and App Usage
Get an insight on employees’ visited websites, used apps on their device during their working hours, to give you an understanding on how best the time is utilized and where lies the scope for improvement.
Get detailed real-time reports to analyze productivity of each employee individually or in teams. Trace productivity patterns to identify peaks and lows of performance and engage employees better.
Employee Monitoring on the Go
Our employee monitoring app is available for Android as well as iOS for your employees on the go. You can track and monitor them from where they are performing their assigned responsibilities.
Ask your queries from expertsBook A Demo Get all your queries answered from our experts
on a secure online meeting
Employees Screen Monitoring - Greater Efficiency, Greater Transparency
Workstatus™ puts employees on self-screening mode to improve their work speed by making them familiar with their strengths and weaknesses. They can revisit their performance patterns and give attention to areas where they lack.
Managers get screenshots from employees’ active screen on regular intervals to give them real-time glimpse of what their team is upto. These screenshots are also considered as proof of work by employees.
Easy to access timesheet data to bill clients for every effort employees have put and ensure there is decrease absenteeism and stress amongst employees with their auto-timekeeping mode.
Auto-reminders can be sent by the system to ensure that employees do not miss to record any productive time.
Gone are days of manual follow-ups!Free 14 Days Trial Check Yourself - Free Trial!
Stay Alert - Stay Protected
Let Workstatus™, The Employee Monitoring App Detect & Report Insider Threats
Workstatus app generates alerts and notifications about all possible insider threats and any harmful employee activities that need to be intervened and controlled.
Privileged User Access
With Workstatus, you can provide user based access rights for any data or any section of the app, thus limiting selective usage rights within the selected employees.
System automatically blocks any harmful action and locks out the employee who had initiated such suspicious activities.
Prevent Data Thefts
As it is when employees know that they are being monitored they will not want to indulge in any such activities but if they do, the system takes control of data before any possible theft or fraudulent attempts.
Curious to know more!Book A Demo Get all your queries answered from our experts
on a secure online meeting
Always Stay Organized With Automated Employee Monitoring Tool
With Workstatus, you get an array of multi-dimensional reports - time, productivity, location and much more. All automated, saving time and allowing manual intervention wherever needed.
Easy to track, review and manage timesheets. View daily, weekly, monthly, or customized timesheets of your employees.
Get reports on idle time spent on the system when no activity is tracked, allowing employees to add idle time entries when they are utilizing off-system time productively.
Employee Monitoring With A Click
Automated employee monitoring tool which starts only with a single click and tracks & reports everything you need to know about employees performance.
Start Employee Monitoring now! It’s WorthFree 14 Days Trial No Credit-Card information is required
Identify your Gems
Appreciate Best Employees Based On Performance Insights
Not a top-secret anymore to build the best organization - Acknowledge & Appreciate performers! Workstatus makes your employees happy and comfortable with this recognition based work culture.
Employees as well as managers get detailed insights on how their own productivity as well as reportees’ overall productivity or during a certain period, thus ascertaining the overall contribution to the organizational growth.
Employee Screen Monitoring
Prove with proof that best performing employees deserve the recognition they are getting. With real-time reports you can even appreciate your employees on the spot.
Employees and employers can get an in-depth analysis of performance with timesheets and graphs giving employees access to how they look from manager’s view-point allowing them to take corrective measures and making them feel valued, motivated and engaged.
Create a New Work Culture, It’s Easy and SimpleBook A Demo Take a Tour, It’s Free too!
Monitor Employees With A Whole New View Of
Their Daily Activities
Online Timesheets for Professionals
Automatically monitor employees’ working hours and attendance for smooth workflow.
Website and App Usage
Keep a regular check on the most visited websites and frequently used apps.
Automatically capture employee screen with screenshots for employees as proof of their work.
Monitor employee screens without appearing on the list of programs or TaskBar.
User Behaviour Analytics
Detect anomalies and malicious activity whenever there is any deviation from normal behavioral baseline.
As Simple as A-B-C
Use Workstatus™ Employees Monitoring App Effortlessly
Download & Install Workstatus™
All employees can download Workstatus app on their desktops/laptops (Windows, Mac, Linux) and/or mobile phones (Android/iOS) as per their requirements to start the real-time employee monitoring.
Just click and start the timer to start tracking employees and enable monitoring. Start your day and leave rest to the fully automated employee monitoring tool which silently monitors your time, tasks and activities.
Generate Comprehensive Reports
Reports are among the essential features of monitoring software that show timesheets and productivity charts in real-time. Team leaders can generate time reports to analyze how employees are spending their day and can use this information to optimize their team’s efficiency.
What More to Expect from Best Employee Monitoring Software
Workstatus™ is more than only an employee monitoring software, a pack of powerful value-added features, capable of giving you a healthy Bottomline. Get the most out of Workstatus from its advanced features that give you a strong base to operate more efficiently.
Flexibility & Compatibility
Get & Use Employees Monitoring Data As You Need
Login Based Data Access
Login as an employee or Manager and start populating reports in your respective dashboards based on relevant time tracking done.
Get access to APIs and integrate Workstatus data with any other tool/software your team is using for a single user interface.
Raw Data Access
Use raw data to generate custom reports on minutest details on second-by-second tracking of your team’s time.
Why Should You Use Workstatus™?
More Profitable Projects
Yes, Workstatus helps to become more profitable for any client work by calculating rates to charge clients more accurately, preventing over-budgeting. With many in-built tracking & monitoring tools monitoring and tracking projects becomes easier. With Workstatus, you can easily optimize productivity and resource allocation to boost profitability.
Manage Remote Teams
It is not an easy task to handle many teams distributed at remote locations. That's why Workstatus offers a unique approach to industries to monitor and manage employees by collecting, analyzing and structuring employees’ data. You get a complete overview of individual and team performance, activity reports and productivity.You can also fetch customized reports to provide better service, support and feedback to customers.
Save up to 25%Time of Monitoring
Automated employee monitoring can save employers time by reducing the need for manual review of employee work. Automated employee monitoring tool, Workstatus uses algorithms to review employee communications and activities data, identifies potential compliance risks and flags these for review by human managers.
Have Queries? We Have Answers
- 1. What is Employee Monitoring Software?
- 2. What does employee monitoring system do?
- 3. What type of employee activities can be monitored?
- 4. What data, trends and insights are gathered for a productive workplace?
- 5. How can companies be successful using employee monitoring software?
- 6. How does employee monitoring help in improving - Productivity, Performance and Costs?
- 7. How to introduce employee monitoring software to your team?
- 8. What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of employee monitoring for any business?
- 9. How to check if your business needs to monitor employees?
- 10. What are the laws and ethics on employee monitoring and privacy?
- 11. How to Choose the Best Employee Monitoring Software?
1. What is Employee Monitoring Software?
Employee Monitoring Software is a software application that enables companies to track and monitor the online activities of their employees. Typically, companies use an employee monitoring software to ensure that their employees are not engaging in any activities that could be considered inappropriate or unauthorized.
Some common uses of employee monitoring software include-
- Preventing employee theft
- Track attendance
- Protecting against corporate espionage
- Maintain online timesheets
Additionally, such software tools can be helpful for employers who want to ensure that their employees are staying productive while at work.
2. What does employee monitoring system do?
Employee monitoring system can generally do one or more of the following:
- Track employee internet usage, including websites, visited and time spent on each website.
- Track employee keystrokes, including which programs and files are opened and edited.
- Monitor employee chats and emails, including the content of messages sent and received.
- Take screenshots of employees' computer screens at random or at pre-determined intervals.
Organizations use employee monitoring system as a way to keep track of their employees' productivity levels and as a way to ensure that company data is not being leaked out through unauthorized channels. Whatever the reason for using it, employee monitoring software provides employers with a powerful tool for keeping tabs on their employees' online activity.
3. What type of employee activities can be monitored?
With today's advanced employee monitoring software, it's possible (and simple) to keep track of:
- Time & Attendance
- User activity
- Website & App usage
- Time spent on tasks & projects
Furthermore, with top employee monitoring software like Workstatus, you can track people automatically and in real-time. Then every bit of data from your entire team is sent to a simple dashboard that's as quick to use as reading an email.
4. What data, trends and insights are gathered for a productive workplace?
When it comes to employee tracking, there's more to it than just the things that are tracked. It's all about the data and insights that are produced. The most exemplary employee monitoring system delivers millions of data points each day so you can learn the following trends-
- Business Metrics: User activity monitoring separates expensive inefficiencies, allowing you to allocate resources to high ROI activities.
- Productivity Trends: Helps you evaluate productivity on a personal, team and corporate level.
- Time & Attendance: Shows every minute of employees while at work and what they do is recorded in this excel file. It is helpful to end conflicts between employees and employers.
- Automated task management: Assign any work-time to the correct task or project without manual intervention.
5. How can companies be successful using employee monitoring software?
Employee monitoring software can be an effective way for companies to increase their overall productivity. By tracking employee activity and monitoring internet usage, companies can get an idea of which employees are slacking off and which ones are working hard. This information can then be used to reward or punish employees accordingly.
Additionally, an employee monitoring system can help to protect a company's data and assets. By tracking employee web browsing activity, companies can see which employees are accessing inappropriate websites or downloading unauthorized files. This information can then be used to take appropriate disciplinary action.
Overall, employee monitoring software is a powerful tool that can help companies increase their productivity and protect their data and assets.
6. How does employee monitoring help in improving - Productivity, Performance and Costs?
Employee monitoring can help improve productivity, performance and other aspects of business operations in various ways.
For one, by tracking employee activity (including time spent on certain tasks or websites), employers can better understand how efficiently employees are working and identify areas where improvement may be needed.
Additionally, managers can use employee monitoring data to identify top performers and see what sets them apart from others. This information can then be used to develop training programs or methods that help other employees achieve similar levels of success. Finally, employee monitoring can also help protect businesses from insider threats by identifying malicious or unauthorized activity.
Overall, employee monitoring can help create a more productive and lawful work environment for everyone involved.
7. How to introduce employee monitoring software to your team?
The introduction of employee monitoring software should be handled with care. You want to make sure that you are clear about the reasons why the software is being introduced and what it will be used for. You should also make sure that employees understand their privacy rights and that they are comfortable with the idea of being monitored.
If you are introducing employee monitoring software as a way to improve performance, you should ensure that employees know about your expectations and how the software will help them meet those expectations.
Most employees are reasonable enough to understand that you're only trying to help them improve their work performance. However, it's essential to be open and honest with them about the software and if they have any concerns, be always available and ready to answer queries and resolve concerns promptly.
8. What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of employee monitoring for any business?
There are several pros to employee monitoring. Some of these include:
Advantages of employee monitoring:
- Employees are more productive when they know they are being monitored.
- Employees are less likely to engage in unethical or illegal behavior when they know they are being monitored.
- Employee monitoring can help managers and supervisors identify problems with employees' work performance early on before they become more significant issues.
- Employee monitoring can help employers ensure that their employees follow company policies and procedures.
- Employees can identify their weak areas and find ways to overcome their productivity issues.
Disadvantages of employee monitoring :
- It can create a sense of distrust and unease among employees.
- It can be challenging to track the effectiveness of employee monitoring systems.
- Employees may feel that their privacy is being violated.
- There is a potential for abuse if employees are monitored overly closely or unfairly.
9. How to check if your business needs to monitor employees?
There is no single answer to this question, as the need for employee monitoring will vary depending on the specific business and the type of work being done. However, some general considerations can help you decide if employee monitoring is necessary. Ask yourself the following questions-
- What could go wrong if your employees were not monitored?
- What kind of sensitive or confidential information is being handled?
- What types of activities could employees be engaging in outside of work?
The first step is to assess the risks associated with your business. Once you have a sense of the risks involved, you can then decide what measures are necessary to mitigate those risks.
10. What are the laws and ethics on employee monitoring and privacy?
- Fair Labor Standards Act: The main law that covers employee privacy is the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). This law requires employers to get written consent from employees before they can monitor their activities. There are some exceptions to this rule, such as when employers need to monitor employees for safety reasons or to protect company secrets. In most cases, however, employers must get written consent from employees before they start monitoring them.
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act: Employers must also comply with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), which prohibits employers from monitoring employee email and other electronic communications without written consent.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) also applies to employer monitoring of employee health information.
There are a lot of employee monitoring ethics when it comes to monitoring at the workplace. Employers need to make sure that they are not violating employees’ privacy rights, and they should always be transparent about why they are monitoring employees. Employees should also be aware of their privacy rights and know when they can refuse to have their activities monitored.
11. How to Choose the Best Employee Monitoring Software?
Here are the factors to consider when choosing the best employee monitoring software for your organization.
- Check for more value-added features
- Check how much your business workflow is getting covered with one software.
- Will it get too harsh on your employees?
- How much security is it providing?
- Check for the latest technology used
- Ask for a product demo
- Does it support GDPR compliance
- Read their testimonials
- Is it cost-effective?
- How much does it track?
- Is it scalable?
Value for Money
- How is the vendor charging you- per user or per device?
- Understand the increase in prices with team growth.
- Is it providing assurance of data security?
- Consider the benefits associated with costs
- Calculate & verify if the software provides value for money
- Ask for hidden costs of maintenance, upgrade, and support.
- License and its working
- What is the vendor covering in the price he offered you?
How many platforms does the software offers
- Does it provide on-location deployment?
- Is it a self-hosted or cloud-based solution?
- What major platforms does the system support?
- Does it require you to manage servers or simply implement monitors?
- Check if the new software that you’re planning to implement is able to integrate in your existing setup.
- How much is it going to affect your other software in place?
- How secure is it for other existing software?
- Check how reputed is your vendor?
- Check user ratings
- Check reviews on PC Magazine, Capterra, Business News Daily, GetApp, Crozdesk, etc. Research through the use case
- Don’t forget to find more about them through their social media
Know Why We Are Best Employee Monitoring Software
“ We have been working in very complex geographies with hybrid teams for a few years now. Multiple offices, flexible shifts, client sites and much more had earlier made it difficult for us to track our employees location and time devoted to their assigned work responsibilities. Our workforce management app, Workstatus has made life easy for our managers. Now, we get a centralized view of what our workforce is upto. We are now able to increase team head counts and retain clients better. ”
“ Glad that we moved to Workstatus and cut down on wasted time. We are now clutter-free, more managed and relaxed. Our people have reported a better work-life balance since we made the move. ”
“ Since we have started using Workstatus, we can optimize our time spent on specific activities or projects. We can provide the best service to each of our clients while still having enough workforce for other projects. Workforce has almost doubled our profits with useful insights on various areas. ”
Get Answers For
Frequently Asked Questions
How does employee monitoring software work?
Employee monitoring software tools track employee activity and performance. It includes features such as keystroke logging, screenshot capture, application usage tracking and website visited track. You can also use monitoring software to enhance employee productivity and investigate potential data breaches or leaks.
Which is the best software to monitor employees?
Workstatus is the best software to monitor employees. It is a cloud-based software that allows managers to see what their employees are working on in real-time. Additionally, it records how long employees are working on different tasks and projects so that managers can track productivity. Finally, it integrates with all major project management software so that data can be easily exported into reports.
How do you monitor employee activity?
You can monitor employee activity by reviewing their computer usage logs and timesheets. Computer usage logs typically show what websites were visited, for how long and what applications were used. Timesheets show the start and end times of an employee's workday. Together, these records can provide a good overview of an employee's activities during the workday. You can also use an employee monitoring software like Workstatus to monitor employee activity.
How can I see what my employees are doing on their computers?
You can use employee monitoring software like Workstatus to see what your employees are doing on their computers. Workstatus provides detailed information regarding computer usage activity, productivity trends and timesheets.
How can I monitor my employees working from home?
You can monitor your employees who work from home using employee monitoring software like Workstatus. Workstatus allows employers to see how much time employees spend on certain websites, which can help with time management. Employers can also see how many hours employees have worked in a day and how many minutes they were inactive. Overall, Workstatus is an invaluable tool to monitor remote employees and ensure they are productive while working from home.
Does employee monitoring software take screenshots?
Yes, some employee monitoring software does take screenshots as a way to track employee activity. Workstatus is one such software that allows employers to see what their employees are working on in real-time. With screenshots, employers can better understand which employees might need more attention or guidance and which ones may be slacking off.
What all does Workstatus track for employee monitoring?
Workstatus is an all-in-one employee monitoring tool that can track and monitor employee activity across all devices. You can monitor the following-
- Time & Attendance
- User activity
- Website & App usage
- Time spent on tasks & projects
How do you track daily performance and monitor employee productivity?
You can track daily performance and monitor employee productivity using Workstatus. You get a daily productivity report that shows how much time each employee spent on productive work vs. administrative tasks. This report gives employers a clear view of which employees are slacking off and which employees are working hard and need to be rewarded.
How do you track employee workload?
You can track employee workload using employee monitoring software. Such software tools enable managers to track the progress of their team's work in real-time. With Workstatus, managers can see what their team is working on, how much progress has been made and where any bottlenecks are.
How Much Does Employee Monitoring Cost?
There is no fixed price for employee monitoring software as it largely depends upon the offered features and functions. Workstatus comes with a free package and paid version starts at just $4.16.
Is employee monitoring legal? What can be employees' privacy concerns?
Generally, employee monitoring is legal. However, there are some privacy concerns that employees may have. Employees may be concerned about how their employer monitors their activity. For example, employers may track employees' internet usage or monitor their private emails. Employers should also ensure that any data collected is kept confidential and is not used in a way that could violate employees' privacy rights.
How does choosing the right Employee Monitoring Software make your business more efficient?
Many employee monitoring software options are there in the market, so it can be challenging to decide which one is best for your business. However, choosing the right employee monitoring software is critical. Here are just a few of the ways the right employee monitoring software can make your business better:
- Ease of use: The software is easy to install and use, with a user-friendly interface.
- Functionality: The software includes all the features you need, such as chat/email logging, website blocking, time tracking, and GPS tracking.
- Price: The right software will be in your budget.
- Customer support: The company providing the right employee monitoring software offers good customer support, with fast response times and knowledgeable staff.
- Privacy: It takes complete care of data privacy and security.
And Workstatus fulfills the entire list of criteria. Try now!
Why do Businesses need to Monitor Employees?
Monitoring employee activities can also help businesses in the following ways:
To avoid unacceptable unproductive Work hours
Finance online suggests 64% of employees use non-work-related worksites every day and 85% of employees use their email for personal reasons.
Employees are a significant security threat
A report by Kaspersky Labs suggests 53% of employers agree employees are the most significant weakness.
To Enhance Productivity
55% managers believe better tracking can positively impact productivity.
To get the best out of Technology
74.8% of global organizations are projected to increase the use of productivity tools and processes.