Workstatus Spam Guidelines
Last updated: 16/08/2021
By using Workstatus you agree to the below guidelines.
Workstatus has zero tolerance for spam. You may not use Workstatus’s tools for sending bulk or unsolicited messages. We monitor all activity very closely for violations and will remove any accounts if violations are detected.
We also take spam complaints from our users seriously. This includes, but is not limited to, sending unwanted or unsolicited messages through Workstatus’s Invoicing, Reporting, or Inviting tools. We investigate all spam reports and will immediately remove accounts reported for spam when we see fit.
You are responsible for the messages that you send through Workstatus. Our support team performs manual checks and Workstatus reserves the right to remove any account for the below reasons:
- Sending content that contains profane language
- Sending content that violates the law in any way
- Sending content that includes pornography
- Sending content that infringes on any copyright or intellectual property
- Sending content that is knowingly false regarding yourself or others
- Sending content that is defamatory to others
- Sending content that contains confidential information