At times you can sense that something is right. You can feel it, in your gut. However, in a cut-throat business world, you cannot rely on your gut feeling to make a decision. You need facts on your side.
Luckily, we have a lot of research discovering the current situation of employee productivity.
Do you know what the fascinating thing about workplace productivity is? Multiple factors can affect it.
From the tools you utilize daily, to the individuals surrounds you to the temperature of your office. Today, I will list down some of the statistics that can impact your workplace productivity drastically.
Work Surroundings Play a Major Role in Making or Breaking Your Productivity
1. 71% of users, studies by Robert Half mentioned, listening to music makes them highly productive.
2. A CareerBuilder research figured out that 53% of the surveyed workforce is less productive if their work atmosphere is too cold.
3. 85% of workers are not employed or are disengaged at the workplace, rising in $7 trillion in lost efficiency, as per Gallup’s State of the Local Workplace.
4. Exeter University’s report shows that open office layouts result in a 32% drop in complete health and a 15% decrease in productivity.
Stress is the Core Factor Behind Less Productivity
5. A PWC report exposed that workers who are stressed regarding their economics are about five times more apt to be diverted by their investments at work, and double as likely to use three hours or more at workplace trading with commercial matters.
6. 12% of workers have been described as sick due to job stress, as per The American Institute of Stress.
7. After analyzing 427 reports on work behaviour, Portland State University’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences determined that bullying bosses enhance workers’ counterproductive work behaviours. This includes performing a task incorrectly, coming in late, acquiring longer-than-permitted breaks, or withholding effort.
8. Stress-associated disorders cost companies a predicted $200 to $300B a year in lost efficiency, as published in Stress in the Workplace.
Remote Operations Can Revolutionize Productivity
9. 77% of workers report greater efficiency while functioning off-site, as per the Remote Collaborative Worker Study done by CoSo Cloud.
10. 64% of worldwide business managers said versatile operating had a positive influence on productivity, Condeco reports.
11. 86% of workers mention they’re most efficient when they operate solely from home, as indicated by Fundera.
How Does Communication Affect Productivity?
12. In a survey by Panopto, it is found that people are devoting a standard of 5 hours a week expecting to connect with individuals having the unique information they need.
13. According to Digium, businesses that utilize a unified communications (UC) phone device experience, on common, view a 52% increase in workplace productivity, following in a 25% jump in operating profit.
14. A survey by Wainhouse Research and Polycom, Inc. stated that video conferencing’s top advantage is boosted performance and productivity.
Communication plays a crucial role when it comes to productivity. When a few business owners state that effective interaction has adapted their workplace into a flawless-functioning system, some say that it impacts productivity negatively.
Emails and meetings are the two primary means of communication. So, let us discuss how meetings and emails have been affecting efficiency in the workplace.
15. Your employee devotes over half the day reviewing their emails. The Washington Post recommends that the typical worker spends around 4.1 hours per day monitoring their inbox.
16. Many employees believe that reading and responding to emails is similar to dropping their precious time in the trash. Approximately 96% of the workers sense that this is an issue that needs to be addressed.
Meetings have a great possibility of converting a result-driven and robust idea to a successful business. However, how to achieve it is still not clear.
It is essential to know that meetings that go without a program and a planned term usually consume workers’ energy and time. Besides, it doesn’t give any real outcomes.
For example, did you know:
17. Teams use upwards of 17.5 hours in the entire week, ordering the web of inefficient communication. This, indeed, is a genuine loss and demonstrates how the interaction should be stored short and well-documented.
18. An Atlassian study lately discovered that one hour in a day per worker is consumed with meetings in common.
19. The Muse stated that conferences prove to be more critical for administration. While up to 15% of the employee’s time is consumed in meetings, central administration is at a more significant loss, with 35% of the working span used in meetings.
Innovative Tools and Data Can Enhance Productivity
20. 92% of workers say owning technology that aids them to do their work efficiently influences their work satisfaction, as per a study by Ultimate Software.
21. Around 53% of responders in a CITO Research report mentioned mobile applications enhance business methods and productivity.
22. 67% of study participants in a harmon.ie study understand that it would be simpler to pay attention to work if necessary data from all their applications seemed in one window.
Are you looking forward to Increasing Your Productivity and Efficiency?
The productivity statistics mentioned above are a lot to consume at once. I am glad you have made it through!
If these steps have stirred you up to take action on enhancing your productivity, then WorkStatus is here to help you out! It is a one-stop solution for businesses. From time tracking to capturing screenshots to keeping track of productivity, WorkStatus can do it all.
What makes WorkStatus stand out is its ability to manage the whole workflow and the requirements of employees. Regardless of its innovative features, the software is effortless to use. Any business, be it real estate, healthcare, manufacturing, contractors, or enterprises, can use it.
You can even track your employees’ location via a GPS tracking facility. WorkStatus has been introduced to automate monitoring and managing activities for employers and employees to be highly productive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. How can I track employees that work remotely?
Ans. WorkStatus is one of the best employee monitoring software tools that you might find helpful to monitor the remote workforce’s productivity and quality of work. It works as a two-way communication system, allowing you to see what’s going on at a specific moment and send messages through email or other popular messaging apps. All your data is securely stored in real-time, so if it’s needed, you can refer back to the files without having to wait for an update.
Ques. How do you track employee productivity while working from home?
Ans. WorkStatus is a remote employee tracking software that helps you track the productivity of remote employees. You can use it to collect data about employee time spent working, all projects completed, and what they’re doing when they’re not working. It offers detailed reports so managers can easily spot patterns in work habits and highlight employees with good practices.
Ques. What is remote employee monitoring?
Ans. Remote employee monitoring is the process of viewing computer screens by using screen monitoring software like WorkStatus to monitor employees at their workplace. Many organizations use remote systems for monitoring and controlling data and information, such as computer equipment, buildings, vehicles, communications networks.
Ques. How do you monitor employee productivity?
Ans. WorkStatus is the best remote employee productivity monitoring software to monitor employee productivity. This tool focuses on technology, where employees can find projects they need to work on by knowing the status of their pending requests first-hand. It has eliminated confusion surrounding what projects are underway and which ones haven’t yet started, dramatically improving the speed at which people operate.